Seeking a 30-40 hour Customer Service Driven, Administrative Assistant/Marketing/Front Desk Receptionist.
Some job duties include: answering telephones, greeting clients, assisting Agents/Owner/Broker, communicating with vendors, coordinating and scheduling events & calendars, planning office events, maintaining office inventory, and producing all office marketing & advertising. Additional responsibilities to be discussed at time of interview.
Applicant must possess: Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Creative Marketing & Advertising Skills, be Self-Motivated, and have an Upbeat & Positive Attitude.
Experience in the Real Estate Field is a plus.
Please submit Resume electronically. firstname.lastname@example.org
Siren Song is immediately hiring a hostess, a busser, and a prep cook.
No experience required for busser and hostess. Looking for someone with a strong work ethic who can work Saturdays. Students welcome!
Prep cook for assist in preparation and service of menu items and culinary events. In your role at our newly opened, state of the art kitchen, you’ll perform various kitchen duties including dishwashing, general cleaning, inventory control and storing of food and non food items. 1-3 years kitchen experience, a food handler’s permit, a passion for cooking, and ability to work weekends are all required. Pizza and bread making experience a plus.
Please send resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com.
Winery & Tasting Room
Tasting Room Manager/Events Coordinator FT/PT
Tasting Room Associate PT May-Oct 2015
Winery Apprentice PT June-Dec 2015
Looking to have some fun while you do serious work to make people happy? Apply now to start immediately for summer through late fall jobs!
WineGirl Wines is looking to hire great, genuine, hard working, not afraid to get dirty, Jack or Jill-of-all-trades, creative, go-with-the-flow, always smiling types for the tasting room AND winery production TEAM.
Who is on our team?
The team at WineGirl Wines works hard and is proud of their work. We work to bring smiles to our customer’s faces and make their vacations memorable all by having fun. In order to do this, we are looking for peeps who are ready to learn a million new fun things, keep things spiffy and clean, who have a high level of positive energy, and full of smiles. Have I mentioned once that you needed to know anything about wine in order to be successful here? We will provide the basic information and training necessary to be knowledgeable about the wine; you JUST need to be passionate about learning and FUN.
Do these quotes inspire you?
I have fun at work. -Carol Kane
I never did a day’s work in my life, it was always fun. -Thomas Edison
What is WineGirl Wines and what is that Whacky Winery all about?
WineGirl Wines is a place of empowerment, where dreams and pigs fly high, literally. If you can dream big and want a whole different fun in the sun summer job helping make the vacation experience of a lifetime for our guests, this is the place for you.
We are first and foremost about bringing smiles to our customers’ faces and adding great memories to their vacation lives. We are always eager to know more about our customers. We want to know their favorite wines, we want to know from where they are visiting, and we want to know why they came to see us. We’re constantly getting to know our guests until they become our friends and then like a second family. It’s like Cheers, the winery where everyone knows your name and your wine of choice. We are the vacation family everyone dreams of; the second family we all wish we could spend every holiday.
Things are crazy weird, artistic and unique around here, but the bottom line is delivering a fun, long lasting memorable experience by delivering creativity, positivity and a friendly atmosphere. Wine is fun, art is fun, and people are fun. But, we are serious about our wines and serious about our responsibility that through wine, art and fun everyone is having a blast.
We are a team. We work together to stay clean, organized and open-minded. We do not tolerate laziness, complaining, or bad attitudes. Standing around, personal facebooking, txting or cell phone use, excessive breaks or an inability to keep yourself busy while on the job are not acceptable around here. If cash in a till tempts you, move on now. How can we be having fun if we’re not moving?
Are you a well-qualified candidate?
- You are 21 years of age with a current MAST Permit.
- You have a history of positive employment and 3 employment references.
- You have reliable means of transportation to MANSON, WA 98831.
- You have a great physical condition. We work long hard hours and REGULARLY lift 45lb cases of wine. We are tight on space and often squeeze between tightly packed rows and boxes. Production often requires getting wet and moving heavy equipment with pallet jacks.
- You are not afraid of cleaning, mopping, sweeping, windows, weeding, moving tables and chairs.
- You are not afraid of tools, ladders, gardening, painting and learning how to fix things.
- You are Outgoing, Passionate, Responsible, Punctual, Trustworthy, Honest, and a Great Smile.
Can you answer YES to all of these questions?
- Are you a great conversationalist?
- Are you full of energy and want everyone around you to be having the FUN?
- Do you genuinely care about what people have to say?
- Are you super eager to learn about the BOMB world of WINE?
- Does customer service thrill you?
- Do you take the initiative to get the job done?
- Are you a quick study to learn about wine and the industry of wine in Washington?
- Does cleanliness make you happy and do you take pride in efficiency?
- Do you have the endurance to stand/move on your feet for up to ten hours?
- Do you pay attention to detail and follow all directions including those below?
Please bring, mail or email your application, letter of interest, and 3 employment references to:
WineGirl Wines Winery & Tasting Room
222 E Wapato Way :: PO BOX 327
Manson, WA 98831
Guest Services Agent – Chelan
Here at Vacasa, we help travelers experience unforgettable vacations. When you grow as quickly as we have been, every day is an exciting one. We embrace opportunities, and have a tendency to hand out responsibilities to our employees to see how they can stretch and challenge themselves. This is a place to grow as an individual, and to be part of our collective growth as a company and a team…and so far, it’s been an unbelievably rewarding journey together.
We’re searching for new employees who can contribute to our most important asset, our culture. Vacasa has eight core values that clearly define what our culture is. We’re looking for those people who both understand the need for these core values and are willing to embrace and embody them.
What We’re Looking For:
Vacasa is seeking hard working, energetic employees to help us maintain our large and quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes.
What You’ll Do:
A skilled Guest Services Agent will respond to guests who have existing reservations, help troubleshoot any issues, answer questions, and make sure the guest has an easy, fun, and unforgettable stay!
This individual will:
- Be at the forefront of the company working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as the go-to person for our guests and occasionally, our owners
- Be responsible for taking incoming phone calls, making outbound calls as needed, and responding to emails on a daily basis from existing guests who have questions or concerns about:
- an existing, unpaid, and/or high risk reservation
- a problem/concern that emerged during and/or after their stay
- modifying an existing reservation
- cancelling a reservation
- Collect and process payments for reservations with outstanding balances, reservations not paid at time of online booking, declined credit cards etc.
- On occasion, interact with a homeowner either over the phone or through email who may have questions about a reservation, statement or other concerns
The Skills You’ll Need/Requirements of the Position
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous travel or industry related experience and bilingual skills preferred but are not required
- Requires ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support the needs of the business, as early as 4 a.m and as late as 11 p.m
- The Guest Service Agent filling this role will be working a shift of 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. PST in our Chelan office. These hours are subject to change based on the current business needs.
- Requires the ability to work from a remote location with a quiet office environment.
- Requires computer less than three years old, reliable internet connection. For PC we require Windows Vista or higher with at least 2GB of Ram. For Mac/Apple we require OSX 10.6 or higher. A headset will be provided for your use with our custom built internet based phone system.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Engage with our guests and owners in a way that enhances their Vacasa experience
- Communicate in a positive, professional, empathetic and “customer-centric” manner both over the phone and in email
- Use appropriate spelling, punctuation, and grammar in all written communication skills
- Listen attentively and ask probing questions to clarify the problem/concern at hand
- Embrace and adopt change in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of the team
- Multi-task, prioritize, and use a variety of systems and tools
- Be open to coaching and feedback
- Perform other related roles and responsibilities as assigned or required in response to business need
This is a full time position, the pay rate is $12/hr.
Don’t Forget the Perks!
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurances
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 4% company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts
Grant Steward | Lead Corporate Recruiter
Vacasa | www.vacasa.com
P: 208-392-1070 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
121 N 9th Street, Suite 302. Boise, ID 83702.