Lake Chelan Valley Habitat
Lake Chelan Valley Habitat is hiring part-time and full-time, year-round cashiers for our Habitat Store. Lake Chelan Valley Habitat is a non-profit organization that has been building homes in the Valley for over 20 years using community donations and funds raised from store sales. The Habitat Store sells gently used donations of home furnishings, clothing, household items and more to raise funds to make home ownership possible for local families. ReStore Cashiers serve as the face of our organization, assisting customers with purchases, stocking shelves, and working with volunteers to short donations as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ringing up customer purchases while providing accurate cash handling.
• Answers ReStore telephone calls during business hours, assisting with inquiries and screening donations.
• Support customers and ensure a positive shopping experience by answering product-related questions, queries about product prices, features, discounts, and refund policy. Collecting customer data, receipts/other documents, as required by ReStore Manager, while maintaining customer confidentiality.
• Work with other staff to maintain a clean, organized and inviting store that creates a positive customer experience, enhances sales, and represents Lake Chelan Valley Habitat well in the community.
• Keeping all areas, in and around the ReStore, clear and free of safety hazards.
• Ensuring that movement of merchandise is done in a safe and effective manner.
• To attend and participate in store meetings and training sessions as required by ReStore Manager.
• Understanding and implementing all store policies and procedures, including those for point of sale and product pricing.
• Assist with handling of donations or other duties as needed or assigned by ReStore Manager or Assistant Manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Be an ambassador of Lake Chelan Valley Habitat to the community.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Enthusiasm and commitment to always provide excellent customer service.
• Effective multi-tasting skills and willingness to be adaptable to suit a dynamic environment.
• Strong conflict negotiation skills and the ability to always provide objective and respectful responses.
• Performs duties with a positive attitude and presents a professional image.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Basic math and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with point-of-sale systems and guarantee integrity and accurate cash handling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Responsibilities may require ability to lift 20+ pounds, using proper safety equipment. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching, in awkward and tiring positions. Operation of equipment may be required at any time.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because or race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
• Starts at $17-18 per hour. DOE
• SickTime/Paid Time Off (accrued at .075/hour)
• 13 Paid Holiday Days per year (including 2 weeks paid during Store Closure in December)
Phone: (509) 888-1573