Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has an opening for an English Language Development Teacher starting the 2020-2021 school year.
This position will collaborate with classroom teachers and support staff in grades K-2 to create a system that ensures academic learning is accessible to students whose dominant language is other than English. The EL Development Teacher is accountable to the building administrator for interpreting and executing the responsibilities below, in addition to any other responsibilities that are assigned. The EL Teacher maintains contact with parents, community organizations, and other agencies to promote understanding of the objectives of the program and the school district.
• Confer with teachers, counselors, para-educators, ELL facilitators, administrators, students and/or parents to determine language and academic needs of EL students.
• Administer formal or informal tests to further determine needs of students.
• Establish and maintain standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
• Work cooperatively with others in achieving common goals supporting Professional Learning Communities.
• Provide differentiated instruction for all students, including those qualified for special education and EL.
• Collaborate with classroom teachers and work within grade-level classrooms to assist EL students in accessing content learning.
• Develop individualized academic programs designed to meet the specific needs of select EL students.
• Implement the individualized programs by working with small groups of students to improve their language skills and academic performance.
• Maintain records of each student’s progress.
• Plan for and oversee small group lessons for para-educators.
• Assist in orienting, training and assigning para-educators to work with EL students
• Washington State Teaching Certificate. EL Endorsement required.
• Ability to articulate and implement English Language Proficiency Standards.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement appropriate positive behavior interventions for students.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students, staff and multi-cultural community.
• Special experience and/or training in working with EL students required.
• Possess general knowledge and varied experience that demonstrates leadership capabilities in an educational setting.
• Demonstrated individual personal achievement(s) that demonstrate evidence of ability to engage in high-level dialogue while also following through on detail-oriented tasks.
• Demonstrated interest in and evidence of continued personal and professional growth.
• Cultural Competency; ability to effectively work with diverse populations.
Salary as determined by placement of District Salary Schedule.
Position is open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the SKYWARD link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions, please contact Erin Morin, MOE Principal, at 509-682-4031 or email@example.com; or Human Resources at 509-682-3515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (509) 682-3515