Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District #129 has an opening for a temporary (one year only) full-time ESA certified counselor for grades 6-12 beginning with the 2022/2023 school year.
Professional Qualifications and Essential Skills:
• Demonstrated excellent intrapersonal skills, organizational abilities, judgment, discretion, problem solving skills, and initiative; human relations skills including tact, diplomacy, humor and flexibility
• Ability to maintain and practice confidentiality and work effectively under pressure
• Experience working with colleagues to accomplish common goals; a willingness to collaborate with colleagues, and to work with the Student Services Team
● Work cooperatively with teachers to coordinate the student intervention team
● Collaborate with student intervention team to create academic and/or behavior intervention plans
• Coordinate ongoing systematic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future goals; provide case management for 504 plans
• Respond to student’s immediate needs and concerns, including individual counseling (parent and self-referrals) small-group settings and/or crisis response
● Coordinate grade level presentations in conflict resolution, substance abuse, bullying and executive functioning.
• Interact and coordinate with agency providers, community liaisons, teaching staff, and administration as needed
● Provide individual and group counseling
● Review data on a regular basis to determine student needs
● Travel to various district school buildings (CSI, CHS, CMS) to support students.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bilingual (English/Spanish) and ESL endorsed staff are encouraged to apply
Position closes June 24, 2022
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Sarah Clarke, Director of Inclusion and Student Services at 509-679-4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515