Gentle Mix “Stress Reducer”
Gentle Mix is the combination of Yin Yoga, Somatic Movement, Restorative and Gentle Asana which creates a practice that gently stretches muscles, quiets the nervous system, connects the mind and body, and provides relaxation and focus away from our busy lives.
- Looking for a beginner class… this is perfect for you.
- Whether it is focused stretches, breath, or to improve athletic performance… this class is for you.
- If you attend a Power Practice… this class is for you.
- If you attend a Mature Movers Practice… this class is for you.
- Moving through pregnancy… this class is for you.
- Slow down, reconnect…this class is for you.
Class taught by Sue Pettit RN, 500RYT
From the doctor on Back Pain.
Doctors now realize that lying around is actually counterproductive, leading to a decrease in conditioning and an increase in pain. The longer you stay in bed the more muscle mass you lose (up to 3 percent per day) and the resulting loss of strength can interfere with your rehabilitation, and force you to overwork other muscles to compensate. Rather than babying a back injury, doctors now recommend people start gentle activities the first day.
– Yoga as Medicine T. McCall, MD
When: Saturdays 9:30 – 10:45 am
Where: In studio or virtual
Price: $20 Drop In or your Yogachelan Passes.
- Please bring your own mat and towel.
In studio attendance:
- Pre-registration required for in studio classes.
- Arrive about 5-10 minutes before class to complete a waiver.
- Read postings regarding health and safety precautions.
- We will be social distancing.
- Masks required.
- No cancellations within 24 hours of class.