Lake Chelan School District
Chelan CTE Vision: Rigorous, regionally-relevant career and college pathways aligned with high-demand, 21st century industries that offer students the opportunity to explore and prepare for the jobs of tomorrow.
The Lake Chelan School District is hiring a full-time Family and Consumer Science teacher beginning with the 2021 – 2022 school year. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a 21st Century CTE program rooted in industry best practices, Personalized Learning, 21st Century Skills, and Design Thinking. Ideal candidates will be given creative liberty to interpret the Chelan CTE vision and design meaningful, real-world learning opportunities for students in a variety of Family and Consumer Science fields.
Qualifications to include:
● Industry experience and/or education in Family and Consumer Sciences.
● Washington State Teaching Certification and/or the ability to qualify for CTE certification based on industry experience.
● Familiarity with the Washington State CTE (Career and Technical Education) program standards and current initiatives.
● Familiarity with writing and maintaining CTE curriculum frameworks.
● Demonstrated success in developing business partnerships and working with advisory committees.
● Prior teaching/experience preferred.
● Experience in supervising students in a commercial kitchen, restaurant and classroom setting.
● Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Key performance requirements/responsibilities:
● Evidence of training or experience using technology and real-world applications to enhance teaching and learning related to the Family and Consumer Science curriculum.
● Teach and maintain exemplary safety practices.
● Provide group and individualized instruction utilizing effective teaching strategies.
● Knowledge of current safety practices in the field.
● Ability to work closely with students in managing project-based learning experiences.
● Assist students in developing an individualized learning plan to prepare for employment or advanced training.
● Collaborate with organizations to provide related opportunities for students.
Applicant screening will begin on February 22, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access, use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Scott Granger, CTE Director, at email@example.com or 509-682-4061. For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515