Lake Chelan School District
Chelan CTE Vision: Rigorous, regionally-relevant career and college pathways aligned with high-demand, 21st century industries that offer students the opportunity to explore and prepare for the jobs of tomorrow.
The Lake Chelan School District is hiring a full-time Agricultural Education teacher beginning immediately. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a 21st Century Agricultural Education program rooted in industry best practices, Personalized Learning, 21st Century Skills, and Design Thinking. Ideal candidates will be given creative liberty to interpret the Chelan CTE Vison and design meaningful, real-world learning opportunities for students in the areas of Agricultural Science, Ag. Mechanics, and other STEM fields.
Qualifications to include:
• Washington State Agricultural Education Certification and/or the ability to qualify for CTE certification based on experience in the agricultural industry.
• Industry experience and/or education in agricultural soil science.
• Familiarity with the Washington State CTE (Career and Technical Education) program standards and current initiatives.
• Familiarity with writing and maintaining CTE curriculum frameworks.
• Demonstrated success in developing business partnerships and working with advisory committees.
• Prior teaching/experience preferred.
• Welding experience preferred.
• Industrial First Aid Certificate.
Key performance requirements/responsibilities:
• Develop and implement lessons to teach skills in the classroom, greenhouse and metal shop.
• Teach and maintain exemplary safety practices.
• Provide group and individualized instruction utilizing effective teaching strategies.
• Knowledge of current safety practices in the field.
• Ability to work closely with students in managing project-based learning experiences.
• Assist students in developing an individualized learning plan to prepare for employment or advanced training.
• Collaborate with organizations to provide related opportunities for students.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access, use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Scott Granger, CTE Director, at email@example.com or 509-682-4061. For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-4061