Lake Chelan School District
Chelan CTE Vision: Rigorous, regionally-relevant career and college pathways aligned with high-demand, 21st century industries that offer students the opportunity to explore and prepare for the jobs of tomorrow.
The Lake Chelan School District has an opening for a full-time Health Science and Biomedical Science teacher beginning January 31st until the end of the 2022-23 school year.
Qualifications to include:
• Industry experience and/or education in healthcare, physical therapy, athletic training, biotechnology, or health science is preferred.
• Washington State Teaching Certification and/or the ability to qualify for CTE certification based on industry experience.
• Familiarity with the Washington State CTE (Career and Technical Education) program standards and current initiatives.
• Familiarity with writing and maintaining CTE curriculum frameworks.
• Demonstrated success in developing business partnerships and working with advisory committees.
• Prior teaching/experience preferred.
• Industrial First Aid Certificate.
Key performance requirements/responsibilities:
• Develop and implement lessons to teach skills in a lab science classroom setting.
• Work collaboratively in CTE PLC.
• Teach and maintain exemplary safety practices.
• Provide group and individualized instruction utilizing effective teaching strategies.
• Knowledge of current safety practices in the field.
• Ability to work closely with students in managing project-based learning experiences.
• Assist students in developing an individualized learning plan to prepare for employment or advanced training.
• Collaborate with organizations to provide related opportunities for students.
Applicant screening will begin on January 17th, 2023
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access, use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Scott Granger Jr, CTE Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-4061 or Jamie Pancho, CHS Principal, at email@example.com.
For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515