Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has an opening for a High School Social Studies teacher; starting in the 2020-2021 school year.
• Possess or qualify for immediate issuance of a valid Washington State teaching certificate
• Endorsement in Social Studies
Professional Qualifications and Essential Skills:
• Experience working with colleagues to accomplish common goals; a willingness to collaborate with colleagues, and to work within a team environment
• Recent training and/or knowledge regarding current trends in teaching Social Studies including the use of a variety of approaches to teaching and assessing
• Skill in utilizing a variety of instructional strategies (including technology) to engage student learning through innovative, relevant learning experiences
• Ability to work in partnership with parents, staff, students, administration and the community to provide student-centered learning
• Commitment and ability to work in an inclusion model that includes SPED and EL identified students in the general education classroom
• Support programs and building/district in-service education programs; attend building/district meetings and conferences as required
• Understanding of WA’s Common Core State Standards
• Understanding of WA’s adopted Social Studies Standards
• Strong writing background
• Bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish) applicants are encouraged to apply
Position open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access, use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Brad Wilson, High School Principal, at email@example.com or 509-682-4061. For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515