Lake Chelan Yacht Club
The LCYC caretaker is a seasonal 40 hour per week position Thursday through Monday (Tuesday and Wednesday off days). The LCYC caretaker is to ensure the safe operation and upkeep of all LCYC sites. The post involves caretaking duties across all areas of the LCYC, but primarily will serve the lower waterfront areas. The position includes walking and working on the marina docks, and it is essential that the caretaker be comfortable working on the water. Most duties are within walking distance of each other, but a motorized utility vehicle with a dump bed is provided to assist with the completion of daily duties. You would be expected to open and close up the clubhouse, restrooms, and fuel dock, keep all grounds tidy and weed free, ensure inside and outside of buildings are well stocked and presentable. You would also conduct minor repairs, perform various regular cleaning duties, move tables, chairs, boxes, change light bulbs etc., walk around the buildings ensuring the buildings are safe and tidy, doing regular checks of high contact areas such as the toilets, picnic tables and ice machines. Working on a team and on your own initiative is essential of the position. Health and safety awareness and knowledge is essential. A good service ethos is essential and a can do, proactive, energetic attitude towards your work and people is a must. A good self-manager, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize is essential.
Main Responsibilities of the job
• Opening up of buildings and closure of buildings daily
• Ensure all minor maintenance tasks are completed within the buildings including, door handles,
shelves, painting, tiling, carpeting, leaks, replacing lightbulbs, plumbing electrical etc. as skills allow.
• Monitor supply levels and order additional as needed to maintain a minimum inventory.
• Up keep of external areas to include, parking areas, boat launch, grass area, swim area.
• Movement of furniture, supplies, deliveries etc.
• Ensure all furniture and fittings are in full compliance with our standards of safety and comfort.
• Maintain safe conditions and safe working practices within all the facilities by adhering to all
statutory health and safety procedures and policies as directed by the House and Grounds Chairperson.
•Ensure all fire signage and equipment is legally compliant and monitored and recorded as per legislation as directed by the House and Grounds Chairperson.
• Bag and store ice in the chest freezer prior to weekends, ensuring the chest freezer is full at all times.
• Fertilize the lawns and shrubs as needed throughout the year. Once at the beginning of June and then as needed to keep the grounds looking green and healthy.
• Spray for weeds and insects as needed with household chemicals.
• Maintain in good working order and repair as needed, within your abilities, all LCYC equipment
to include, but not limited to: lawn mower, edger, weed eater, pressure washer, and motorized utility vehicle.
• Deal with all customers (members, family, guests) with courtesy and promptness at all times.
• Observe for, and properly inform, trespassers.
• Any other duties required by the Commodore or the House and Grounds Chairperson.
Lake Chelan Yacht Club
Phone: (509) 679-9097