Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has an opening for a long-term Substitute Teacher (.67 FTE) to teach high school English. Position will be the start of the 2022/2023 school year until Christmas Break.
Qualifications to include:
• Valid Washington State teaching certificate with appropriate endorsements
• Prior experience teaching high school English and Social Studies preferred
• Experience building and fostering positive student relationships
• Experience working in an ethnically diverse environment and with students living in poverty
• Understanding of Common Core State Standards and Washington State Standards
• Understanding of best practice instructional strategies and assessment practices for grade levels 9 through 12
• Understanding of Universal Design for Learning and/or inclusive practices
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills to work with students, parents, staff and administration
• Successful experience working in a collaborative environment, and willingness to collaborate with teachers, administrators, classified staff and parents
• Bilingual / bicultural (English/Spanish) applicants are encouraged to apply
Position open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Brad Wilson, CHS Principal, at 509-682-4061. For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515