Historic Downtown Chelan Association
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are seeking a vibrant, enthusiastic person to join our team working with the Executive Director and Board
of Directors in the day-to-day operation of the Historic Downtown Chelan Association (HDCA). This position
will perform a variety of tasks as determined by the Executive Director. Annual staff evaluations will be
completed by the Board of Directors and reviewed by the Executive Director and Board President.
This position manages organizational communications, assists with management of events, marketing, and
outreach and provides administrative support functions for the Executive Director, the Board of Directors,
and four committees; Design, Economic Vitality, Outreach, and Promotion – based on the National Main
Street Program. This position will report to the Executive Director for daily tasks and job performance related
HDCA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization following the Main Street Approach to downtown revitalization
since 2007. HDCA’s mission is: “Shape the future and preserve the past of historic downtown Chelan.” The
Marketing & Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
• Newsletter Management
o Begin development of multiple newsletters addressing specific audiences (build/clean up email
segments in mail chimp, develop content for each, refresh or create new newsletter
§ Weekly to downtown business owners
§ Quarterly to volunteers
§ Quarterly to donors/sponsors/partners
§ Monthly to community
• Sponsor/Donor/Partner Management
o Write and mail thank you notes to volunteers, organizational supporters, sponsors and donors
o Track and ensure all sponsor deliverables are executed (MIP, Harvest Dinner, STH)
o Manage the WAL Charm Program – coordinating with members for their charms, checking
placement, working with volunteers to install charms, emailing each charm member with a pic
of their charm on the fence.
• Marketing Communications
o Work with ED to craft new marketing collateral: downtown map, welcome piece
o Draft and publish updates, features, and new information on the organization’s websites, web
pages, and social networking sites.
o Edit, and distribute press releases, event information, and updates to regional news outlets,
industry publications, regional websites and downtown businesses.
• Special Events
o Provide support, coordination, staffing, and organization for events including but not limited
to: Annual Meeting, Dia de las Muertos, Downtown Trick-or-Treat, all related Small Town
• Attend Board of Directors, committee, sub-committee, and task group meetings as necessary or as
indicated by the Executive Director.
• Maintain good internal and external working relationships and convey a professional image.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to complete special tasks and assignments.
• Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• An analytical mind and ability to think critically and solve problems mandatory
• Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Preferred software experience using Microsoft Office, WordPress, and MailChimp
• Communication skills in both English & Spanish a bonus
• 2+ years’ experience in a communications or marketing role preferred but not necessary
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume and letter of interest articulating why you are interested in this position to Allison
Flaten at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “HDCA Coordinator Application”. This role will remain open for
application until filled.
Position is year-round, full-time.
We are a 501c3 Non-Profit and a State and National Accredited Main Street Organization HDCA is an Equal