Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has an opening for a Music Assistant starting the 2023-24 school year. This position is for 8 hours per day working cooperatively with the Elementary, Middle School, and High School music departments.
Salary range is $20.96 to $24.72 per hour dependent upon prior school district experience in the same job classification. (An additional 75 cents per hour is available for an individual with an AA degree, 1 dollar per hour for a BA degree and 25 cents per hour for 100 clock hours.)
● This position is responsible for assisting music teachers in the classroom as well as in concerts, parades, pep band, and other community events.
● Manage inventories and assignments of musical instruments, uniforms, concert attire, and other equipment supplies.
● Assist with daily record keeping including fines/fees, equipment check-out, and classroom and event attendance.
● Lead small groups of students in music instruction and curriculum developed by cooperating music teachers.
Minimum qualifications to include:
● Highly Qualified Paraprofessional (AA Degree or 72 hrs. college credits or passed the Praxis test for Paraprofessionals).
● A strong background in music and the ability to help students learn to read and play music.
● Experience working with students spanning from elementary to high school in an educational setting.
● Ability to build strong working relationships with staff and students in the music program.
● Ability to work outside of traditional school day hours.
● Knowledge and experience in various computer programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, Filemaker Pro, Skyward)
● Physical aspects of the job require the ability to lift and move small musical equipment including chairs and stands. Also, the ability to march for up to 90 minutes daily each spring.
● Washington State Retirement Click here for more info
● Medical, dental and vision Click here for more info
● Time off (sick, personal leave)
● Professional Development
Position is open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For position questions please contact Brian Wood, CMS Principal, at email@example.com or 509-682-4061
For application questions please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515