North Meridian Title & Escrow
Title: Receptionist / Escrow Processor
Reports to: Escrow Branch Manager
Business Unit: Chelan Escrow Branch
Location: Chelan, Washington
Full/Part time: Full-time
North Meridian Title & Escrow provides practical solutions with fast and accurate results for all Real Estate Transaction services. As knowledgeable industry experts, with over 75 years of experience, we are here to help our customers and employees achieve success through investing in their homes and personal wealth. We believe our employees are vital to the company’s ongoing success and seek employees with diverse talents and backgrounds. We care about people, are a team, dream big, work hard, and have fun! We are proud to say, “We help people achieve their dreams.”
We are seeking a full-time Receptionist / Escrow Processor to join our Chelan Escrow Branch. This individual is responsible for making a positive first impression on walk-in visitors and callers. S/he is responsible for pre-closing matters, specifically, but not limited to setting up new escrow files. They work with realtors, buyers, sellers, lenders, loan officers, and attorneys to acquire, analyze, and organize all necessary documents needed to process the closing. S/he provide exceptional customer care for each customer and file, including timely and accurate data entry and customer communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Field and direct all incoming calls
• Greet customers and other visitors in a courteous, friendly, and timely manner
• Set up escrow file, confirm contact information and assign workflow tasks
• Receive and review new orders, purchase contract and lender information for order set up
• Communicate with Buyers, Sellers, Lender and Realtors as needed
• Receipt in earnest money, scan and send receipts to agents
• Send brokers demands to agent and their front desk
• Prepare and provide estimated fees
• Send out opening packages once title report is received
• Process daily escrow deposit
• Inventory and order office supplies
• Receive and distribute mail
• Assist with outside deliveries
• Maintain lobby, conference room and coffee bar
• General office filing
• Responsible for maintenance of copier and recycle bins
• Maintains procedures to ensure a constant, orderly, and effective workflow
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Adheres to company policies and guidelines
• A High School diploma or equivalent
• 1+ year of experience as an escrow processor and/or two years of experience in loan processing.
• Notary public status
Knowledge & Abilities:
• Familiar with escrow standards, title clearance, real estate regulations and guidelines, and document preparation.
• Familiar with pay off per diems, prorations, interest, and the like.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, web navigation and specialized software
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Excellent and appropriate verbal and written communication
• Adaptable: adapts to new, different, or changing requirements
• Attentive to details
• Business fundamentals: maintains privacy and confidentiality of company information, as well as that of customers and co-workers
• Customer focused: is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customers or clients
• Dependable and reliable: displays responsible behaviors at work
• Initiative: demonstrates a willingness to work and seeks out new work challenges
• Integrity: treats others with honesty, fairness, and respect
• Mathematics: uses mathematics to solve problems
• Planning and organizing plans and prioritizes work to manage time effectively and accomplishes assigned tasks
• Problem solver: applies critical thinking skills to solve problems by generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions
• Professional: maintains a professional demeanor at work
• Proficient in English
• Reading: understands written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents; applies what is learned from written material to work situations
• Respectful: works effectively with those who have diverse backgrounds
• Team player: works effectively with others
• Technology: uses information technology and related applications to convey and retrieve information; demonstrates strong computer/typing skills in Microsoft Office, email programs, and internet browsers
• Telephone skills, including a pleasant phone voice and etiquette
• Verbal communication: maintains open lines of communication with others
• Writing: uses standard English to clearly communicate thoughts, ideas, and information in written form
Essential Job Functions (including physical requirements):
• This position requires repetitive use of a keyboard, extensive phone use, bending, sitting, squatting, light lifting, and simple grasping.
What will you love here at North Meridian Title and Escrow?
• Your Team. A team that cares for each other and works together to get the job done.
• Your Growth. Opportunity to develop a career that it satisfying and successful.
• Your Time. Two weeks paid time off from the first year and after five years you get 3 weeks. Nine paid holidays.
• Your Health. Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
• Your Future. 401(k) with company match after the first year
Phone: (509) 662-4721