Lake Chelan School District
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a meaningful and lasting impact in students’ lives by joining our student services team as a school based Social Worker. Our school program Social Worker provides crisis intervention and mental health services to a diverse population of students Pre-K through 12th grade in the Lake Chelan School District. This Social Worker helps students cope with personal and psychological issues that affect their school performance, behavior, and socialization.
● Providing support and services in addressing social, environmental, psychological, financial, and cultural factors related to the student.
● Assisting students in accessing appropriate community resources for additional services.
● Providing consultation and education to school personnel, parents, and families as indicated.
● Serving as a resource and assists in developing an integrated approach within the school system to provide a safe, inclusive supportive and positive school climate among all students.
● Assessing school, family, and student needs for the purpose of developing an action plan to remove barriers to student success.
● Assisting students and/or the family in linking resources between school and community by connecting families to outside resources (e.g. application for services, transporting parents/students, interpreting technical information, etc.)
● Consulting with building principals, guidance counselors, student support teams, teachers, parents or guardians regarding improving student’s academic performance, achievement and/or behavior.
● Working closely, and in conjunction with building principals and teachers in monitoring of the individual student’s participation in school, academic, volunteer, and extra-curricular activities.
● Conducting home visits to develop healthy, positive family attitudes towards academic success, attendance at school, student growth and development resulting in on-time graduation.
● Participating in student support meetings, workshops and/or seminars as related to the position
● Display ethical behavior in working with students, parents, school personal, and outside agencies.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in mental health (social work, counseling, or marriage and family therapy)
• Credentialed (current Washington State licensure): LICSW, LASW, LSWAIC, LSWAA, LMHC, LMHCA, LMFT, LMFTA, or equivalent
• Bilingual / Biliterate in Spanish
• Two (2) years of social work experience in a community or school setting
• Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
Position is open until filled
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions, please contact Sarah Clarke, Director of Inclusion, at 509-682-7744 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Human Resources at 509-682-3515 or email@example.com
Phone: (509) 682-3515