Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has a continuing position starting the 2021-2022 school year for a 1.0 FTE School Psychologist.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Psychology & ESA Psychology Certification
Reports to / Evaluated by: Special Programs Director
General duties: To identify through diagnostic procedures, the educational needs and abilities of children referred to Special Services. To determine the levels of functioning, recommend program placement and educational goals for children eligible for special services programs. To identify and provide behavior modification programs for behaviorally disabled children. To provide consultation and intervention support to building student assistance teams, specialists, teachers and parents.
● Evaluate children referred for special services upon receipt of parent permission to assess
● Act as multidisciplinary team leader for all referrals and re-evaluations except for those students whose primary disability is language or speech
● Act as evaluation case manager and lead the assessment team
● Complete written reports of children evaluated and re-evaluated designating disabling condition, specific excesses or deficits, recommended program placement and long-range objectives
● Assist staff members in understanding individual needs of students and developing appropriate programming
● Create legally compliant reports and related paperwork
● Recommend appropriate materials to aid in meeting program objectives for special needs students
● Support and lead implementation of MTSS strategies and methods for student achievement
● Conduct testing during Child Find activities
● Participate in special services staff meetings
● Participate in school intervention team meetings
● Keep informed regarding current laws and regulations
● Implement local, state, and federal guidelines
● Total IEPs in the district: 142
● Other duties as assigned
Position is Open until Filled
Interested applicants are asked to complete a district certificated application, available on our website and appropriate forms.
For questions about the position contact: Sarah Clarke, Special Services Director, at 509-679-4011 / email@example.com
For questions about the application process contact: Tamar Burns, Human Resources Director at 509-682-3515 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lake Chelan School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
TITLE IX COORDINATOR / CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR: Human Resources Director, Tamar Burns, PO Box 369, Chelan, WA 98816; 509-682-3515; email@example.com
SECTION 504 / ADA COORDINATOR: Special Programs Director, Sarah Clarke, PO Box 369, Chelan, WA 98816; 509-682-7744; firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (509) 682-3515