Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has an opening beginning the 2021-2022 school year for a 1.0 FTE Speech Language Pathologist.
● WA State certification with a minimum of initial ESA SLP certification (MA required)
● Certification of Clinical Competency
● Experience with assessment procedures
● Experience working as a positive team member
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
● Provide direct therapy services to eligible children including articulation, voice, fluency, possible feeding therapy and language therapy which emphasizes improved educational performance.
● Evaluate children who have been referred and determined to require a CD or birth-to-three assessments, including selecting appropriate instruments, administering tests, observations, and writing reports which state the evaluation findings, and provide for program recommendations.
● Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team and/or Individual Family Service Plan Team and the individualized education committee contributing evaluation findings and collaborating on the child’s program plan.
● Consult with parents, teachers, and other staff involved with the student regarding the child’s program and any adaptations needed to facilitate improved performance in the classroom or at home.
● Maintain appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information. Re-evaluate, as appropriate, and determine extent of progress and effectiveness of therapy.
● Facilitate and implement the use of augmentative communication devices
● Adhere to the ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, regulations and laws governing communication disorders programs. Participate in activities that assist with professional development and evidence-based practices to enhance CDE and/or early intervention services.
● Act as MDT team leader for all referrals for students whose primary disability is speech or language
● Act as case manager to students whose primary disability is speech and language
● Develop instruct, monitor, and evaluate speech and language improvement programs, utilizing a variety of service models, including technology applications
● Assist staff members in understanding individual needs of students and developing appropriate programming
● Obtain necessary signatures on completed reports and related paperwork
● Check hearing aids for proper functioning as needed
● Participate in Child Find activities
● Participate in special services staff meetings
● Keep informed regarding current rules and regulations
● Implement local, state, and federal guidelines
● Travel (less than 2 miles) to provide district contracted SLP services between the district buildings
● Other duties as assigned.
Position is open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the SKYWARD link located on the main page of our district website
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions, please contact Sarah Clarke, Student Programs Director, at 509-682-7744 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Human Resources at 509-682-3515 or email@example.com
Phone: (509) 682-3515