Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District has a 1.0 FTE Special Education Teacher position (Functional Skills & Resource) at the elementary level (grades P-2) beginning the 2019-20 school year:
Qualifications to include:
• A current Washington State Teacher’s Certificate, K-12 Special Education Endorsement or through alternate pathway
• Working knowledge of Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills to work with students, parents, staff and administration.
• Experience working with multi-age groupings.
• Develop and maintain compliant Individual Education Plans (IEP) and other compliance documents
• Develop, implement, and adjust appropriate programming to provide access to a student’s Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
• Provide interventions and systematic purposeful instruction at student’s instructional level linking district initiatives and grade level expectations to IEP
• Coordinate with general education teachers to address students’ instructional needs in order to support further involvement in core instruction
• Design and implement intervention based on student assessment and evaluation
• Collect and utilize data and frequent ongoing progress monitoring systems to inform instructional decisions or revisions
• Design and implement appropriate accommodations and modifications.
• Train and supervise paraeducators
• Provide individualized inclusion opportunities
• Bilingual and EL endorsed candidates are encouraged to apply
Level of Compensation:
• Lake Chelan Education Association (LCEA) Salary Schedule
• Special Education Teachers receive supplemental contract for 16 days (120 hrs. per diem rate) annually for Case Management
Position open until filled
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application located on the district website at www.chelanschools.org.
For questions, please contact:
Mr. Kelly Kronbauer, Special Programs Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 682-7744
Mrs. Erin Morin, MOE Principal, email@example.com, or 509-682-4031
Mrs. Tamar Burns, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515