Lake Chelan School District
Lake Chelan School District is seeking a dynamic team player interested in making an impact in the lives of staff and students as a Speech Language Pathology Assistant. The SLPA will provide services to children as designated on their Individualized Educational Plan and as specified in the treatment plans developed by the SLP.
Salary is $26.30-$30.81 per hour for a one year contract for the 2022-2023 school year.
• Provide direct therapy services to eligible children by following the outcomes and treatment plans developed by the supervising Speech Language Pathologist.
• Assist the SLP during the assessment or evaluation of children exclusive of administration and/or interpretation.
• Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team and/or Individualized Educational Plan Team.
• Consult with SLP, teachers and other staff involved with the student’s program and any adaptations needed to facilitate improved performance in the child’s natural environment.
• Maintain appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information and report data to the supervising SLP.
• Assist with clerical duties, such as preparing materials and scheduling activities, as directed by the SLP.
• Adhere to the ethical standards and codes of the profession, established rules, regulations and laws governing communication disorders programs.
• Participate in activities that assist with professional development and evidence-based practices to enhance CD and/or early intervention services.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Required Education and Experience: Current Associate’s Degree in SLPA program or Bachelor’s Degree in a speech language pathology or communication disorders program.
• Proven experience providing speech and language therapy to children ages 0-21 years of age.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Prior experience working with diverse cultures.
• Ability to function independently and as a team member.
• Ability to effectively plan and organize service delivery.
• Demonstrate a high level of competence in written (computer) and oral communications.
• Experience in basic computer skills (word processing, e-mail, data entry).
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
Position is open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the SKYWARD link located on the main page of our district website
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions please contact:
Sarah Clarke, Director of Inclusion, 509-679-4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org or; Human Resources at 509-682-3515 or email@example.com.
Phone: (509) 682-3515