Lake Chelan Valley Habitat for Humanity
A successful Store Manager will effectively and efficiently oversee Habitat Store operations, community donations and staff management maximizing sales and ensuring a positive work environment while representing Lake Chelan Valley Habitat well within the community.
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA: FULLTIME, NON-EXEMPT
Time Requirements: 40 hours/week during store and/or donation hours, including Saturdays.
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications and Experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Promotes donations and drives sales and profits of the Habitat Store to provide sustainable funding to support Lake Chelan Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission.
• Oversees the effective merchandising of the floor, maximizing available display space and uses inventory control and pricing to ensure appropriate turnover of merchandise.
• Works with staff to maintain a clean, organized and inviting store that creates a positive customer experience, enhances sales, and represents Lake Chelan Valley Habitat well in the community.
• Works with affiliate staff to develop and implement employee training, staff development and to establish and monitor annual performance goals for Store employees.
• Creates a positive and respectful work environment for all employees, encouraging productivity and teamwork.
• Develops an employee schedule that maintains adequate staffing, while adhering to payroll budgetary requirements.
• Handles all donations in a responsible and respectful manner that conveys gratitude to the community for their support.
• Works with affiliate staff to respond to customer inquiries regarding store information and donations.
Operations and Administration
• Works with Executive Director and affiliate staff to develop marketing and advertising programs to build the store’s visibility in the community.
• Tracks sales data to determine categories with high and low volume and adjust procurement strategies to meet customer demand.
• Develops and enforces pricing policy for store merchandise. Reviews and adjusts pricing as necessary for changing market conditions and inventory.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, and community groups to increase the quality and quantity of merchandise donations, reduce waste and to find use within the community for items that are unable to be sold.
• Works with Executive director and affiliate staff to develop and maintain operations within the annual operating budget and recommend capital expenditures.
• Handles store purchasing and expenditures in a responsible way.
• Keeps store facilities in good working order and keeps all areas in and around the ReStore clear and free of safety hazards.
• Adheres to and enforces store and affiliate policies and procedures.
• Works with Volunteer Coordinator and affiliate staff to recruit, train and engage volunteers in meaningful ways.
• Works with Volunteer Coordinator, to coordinate weekly and monthly schedules as well as long term planning for volunteer needs.
• Guides and assists volunteers in their work, understanding that each is an individual with different capabilities.
• Trains new volunteers and staff to deliver high quality, consistent customer service experience in the Store and ensure that any issues are professionally resolved and reported in a timely basis.
• Provides direction and supervision for Store volunteers, including community service volunteers.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of retail management experience, supervising employees and directing successful teams towards meeting objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Strong conflict negotiation skills and the ability to always provide objective and respectful responses.
• Performs duties with a positive attitude and presents a professional image.
• General knowledge of operation of store equipment, basic repairs, and maintenance of store facilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and email.
• Familiarity with social media and basic marketing.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Be an ambassador of Lake Chelan Valley Habitat to the community.
• Background check required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Responsibilities may require the ability to lift 50+ pounds, using proper safety equipment. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching, in awkward and tiring positions. Operation of equipment may be required at any time.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because or race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Phone: (509) 888-1573