Substitute Migrant Graduation Specialist / Student Advocate
Lake Chelan School District
The Lake Chelan School District is seeking a Substitute Migrant Graduation Specialist | Student Advocate to support targeted migrant and bi-lingual students and families with graduation. Will also help any middle or high school students who may need additional resources or support to achieve academic success.
This role will be full-time, Monday through Friday, for the first 6 weeks and then moving forward on as needed basis. The typical schedule for this employee is four days per week at Chelan High/Middle School and one day per week at Chelan School of Innovation. Salary is set at $17.21 an hour.
• Partner with the Middle and High School Principals, Migrant Program Director, teachers, and support staff as necessary to understand the needs of students for graduation.
• Provide support and direction to students for the completion of high school credits.
• Develop and sustain relationships between the home, school, and community. Ability to work with people, be patient and willing to help parents, and/or students with questions, and provide resources, etc.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Required to be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English and Spanish or the language primarily spoken by parents and/or student at home.
• Must be able to complete accurate and timely reports.
• Understand the unique nature of living and working in qualifying migrant industries that require high levels of mobility.
• Understand the challenges associated with being a non-English speaker in a primarily English-speaking community.
• Must be a high school graduate and/or possess a GED.
• Will be required to submit a Washington State Patrol, FBI, and Sexual Misconduct clearance to be eligible for hire. Position is open until filled.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions, please contact Dia Galvan, Migrant Program Director, email@example.com, 509-682-3515, or Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: (509) 682-3515