Lake Chelan School District
POSITION: Transportation Supervisor
260 days per year/salaried position
Compensation package (DOQ – $54,000-$60,000)
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in a position relating to school transportation operations and planning or equivalent experience in transportation operations in the public or private sector
• Valid Washington State driver’s license with a class B school bus endorsement (B/P1/S) and air brake restriction removed and certified driver trainer qualifications
• Experience in the development and implementation of school bus driver training programs preferred
• General familiarity with fleet operations and maintenance scheduling practices and the ability to read and interpret road and street maps
• Strong computer skills and knowledge in database and spreadsheets related to transportation data collection and reporting
• Strong leadership, supervisory and management skills
• Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal
• Exceptional personal relationship skills
• Attendance and punctuality are important aspects of this position
• Provide leadership, supervision and management of the transportation department in the Lake Chelan School District
• Oversee bus schedules and routes for the district
• Complete accurate monthly payroll timesheets and personnel records for all transportation staff, including daily logs
• Recruit, train, evaluate, and supervise all transportation personnel and make recommendations for employment, transfer, promotion, and release
• Oversee maintenance on all district owned transportation equipment and develop plans for preventative maintenance
• Work with the budget and finance department in developing and recommending a budget for the district’s transportation department
• Strong understanding of depreciation schedules and timelines
• Develop recommendations for future transportation equipment and personnel needs
• Maintain safety standards to comply with state and insurance regulations and develop a program of preventative safety
• Conform with all state laws and regulations regarding school transportation
• Coordinate reports of bus accidents for insurance and legal requirements
• Complete required state reports
• Take an active role, in cooperation with building principals, in solving discipline problems occurring on school buses
• Act as a liaison with parents for complaints and special requests
• Advise Superintendent regarding road hazards for decision on school closing during inclement weather
• Attend appropriate committee, staff, and school board meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Position is open until filled
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application located on the district website at www.chelanschools.org.
ONLINE APPLICATION PACKET TO INCLUDE:
• Letter of interest
• Written statement(s) how the candidate meets the qualifications stated above. No more than 3 typed pages.
• 5 letters of recommendation: At least 1 each from a supervisor, co-worker, and subordinate (if applicable).
For questions about this position please contact Barry DePaoli, Superintendent, at 509-682-3515. For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
Phone: (509) 682-3515