Manson plays host to over 20 craft breweries and cideries during our second weekend of Winterfest at Alefest. Explore the very best of what is being produced in the Chelan Valley and the rest of the Pacific Northwest.
Alefest Beers & Ciders
Click on the breweries & cideries in blue to discover what’s pouring at Alefest!
- Lofty Dreams: Light body with a tropical nose and clean crisp mouth feel that finishes with a nice citrus hop burst ABV: 6%
- Wells & Wade Wit: A traditional Belgian Wit with hints of banna, clove & orange, that finishes with a nice citrus note ABV: 5%
Badger Mountain Brewing
- No. 1 Orondo Copper Ale: A classic english style ale with rich malt character, hints of toffee, toast, biscuits. Full flavor and body with a mild sweetness finish ABV: 6.1%
- Rivertown Brown: The Brown is smooth rich in flavor with a full body. Flavors of caramel, toffee. ABV: 6.1%
Bale Breaker Brewing Co.
- High Camp Winter IPA: High Camp Winter IPA is named for the ski lodge that sits atop our local ski mountain, White Pass. The use of Rye and Chocolate Malt give this IPA its unique color and flavor. Spicy notes come from the Rye Malt, while the Chocolate Malt lends this beer a bit of sweetness and its reddish color. However, do not be fooled by the color. This beer still finished dry and is hopped to the nines. Each year, we use the release party and sales from High Camp to help provide donations for White Pass Ski Patrol. Safety first! ABV: 7.2%
- Dormancy Breakfast Stout: Dormancy Breakfast Stout was initially brewed as a heavier, dark beer to get us through the cold weather months when the hops lay dormant. However, it is now the only dark beer to make its way into our year-round lineup. We call it a breakfast stout because we use certain grains—like flaked oats, victory malt, and chocolate malt—that mimic breakfast flavors. Also, we condition this beer for three days on locally roasted Lincoln Avenue Espresso Costa Rican Blend at 1 lb per barrel. ABV: 6.8%
- Salted Caramel Stout: The Brown is smooth rich in flavor with a full body. Flavors of caramel, toffee. ABV: 5.5%
- Wanderlust IPA: Golden IPA made with five different hops. Intense grapefruit and dank notes with a crisp finish. ABV: 6.2%
2020 Varietals Coming Soon!
Ninkasi Brewing Co.
- Oatis Oatmeal Stout: Oatmeal stouts are characterized by a roasted front flavor, smooth rich oats, a touch of chocolate flavor and a dry finish. Oatis is bigger than the traditional style with more alcohol, body and a touch more bitterness to keep it balanced. ABV: 7%
- IPA: ABV: 6%
- Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout: We pulled out all the stops on this big Imperial Stout. Five types of dark, roasted malt are added to this beer to give it a complex flavor of coffee, chocolate and brown sugar. That much maltiness requires plenty of hops for balance. Two large hop additions prevent the dark malt from totally dominating this monster of a beer. ABV: 9%
- Jet Juiced IPA: The newest IPA from No-Li Brewhouse. Jet Juiced IPA, available in six-pack cans and draft, stands tall at 7.5% alc/vol but drinks so smooth you would never know. A five hop blend gives this beer an aromatic, sweet and juicy flavor, and with real mango added to the brew, an unobtrusive sweetness creates a unique flavor experience. ABV: 7.5%
- Cranpeary Caramel: Embrace the season with tart cranberry perfectly balanced with smooth caramel. Winter notes infused with a delicious pear blend for this awarded favorite. ABV: 5.2%
- Ginger Pear: A balanced addition of ginger contributes to a sharpened pear flavor that makes this perry great for any occasion. ABV: 5.2%
Pelican Brewing Co.
- The Brewed Abides: All brewers like a cocktail from time to time, but how about the best of both worlds in this cocktail inspired beer? Taking inspiration from the classic “White Russian” cocktail as well as the movie that made it famous is “The Brewed Abides”, a Milk Stout with vanilla beans, fresh roasted coffee, and cocoa nibs. This unique beer pours a chocolate color with dense off white head and entices the senses with an aromatic bouquet of vanilla, coffee, and dark chocolate. ABV: 7%
- Hazy Rock IPA: Hidden within the swirling fog is a beer as big and bold as Haystack Rock itself. Hazy Rock India Pale Ale bursts forth with intensely juicy hop aromas and a round, smooth body. The obscure, yet bold appearance belies the bright, fruity hop flavors with notes of mango, clementine, guava and pineapple. A soft finish enhances drinkability while the clean, toasty malt adds balance. It’s no milkshake, but the boys will still come to the yard for this one! ABV: 6.2%
- Hop Infused: Two of Washington State’s quintessential crops come together in this hop infused creation. Citrusy, tropical hops, low in bitterness, complement fresh-pressed apples to create a uniquely aromatic blend with a smooth, balanced finish. ABV: 7%
- Lake Effect: Bright & balanced with deep crabapple flavor. Honoring Lake Chelan’s influence on our weather and geography. Featuring Golden Delicious, Winesap, and Manchurian Crab apples. ABV: 7.4%
- Backroads Boysenberry: A semi-dry cider leaning on the sour side with a healthy dose of boysenberries ABV: 6.5%
- Honey Rhubarb: A semi-sweet cider with tart rhubarb and a touch of local orchard honey ABV: 6%
Stormy Mountain Brewing
- Winterfest Hefeweizen: A rich, hearty blend of dark wheat malts and barley creates the perfect body in this Festival-style Hef. Light American hops lend a delicate balance, while authentic European Wit yeast infuses notes of bananas, cloves, and bubblegum for an authentic Hefeweizen. Crowd favorite! ABV: 5.5%
- 3-Point Oatmeal Stout: Made for the Winter Season, this traditional American Oatmeal Stout brings warmth and cheer on the coldest days! Using local Golden Oats and expertly-roasted barley malt, a crown of Noble Hops makes this the perfect pint. Notes of coffee and chocolate round out this clean ale. ABV: 6.2%
Ten Pin Brewing
- Gutterball Hazy Pale Ale: We threw a lot of gutterballs to get this perfect strike of a pale ale. Juicy, smooth and hazy with a hoppy floral bouquet. Citra and Ekunot hops give flavors of star fruit and lemon zest. ABV: 5.5%
- Snake Eye Stout: A thick, rich, super smooth stout. Creamy oats and milk sugar balance the chocolate and coffee notes of black roasted barley. These flavors blend perfectly without being overly bitter or hoppy. ABV: 6.3%
Tieton Cider Works
- Cranberry: Fresh pressed apples combined with Washington cranberries. Bold and bright on the palate with a cinnamon finish ABV: 6.9%
- Bourbon Barrel Peach: Juice from Wa state peaches married with the richness of Kentucky bourbon barrels creates a deep vanilla and plum character. Expect the perfect balance of sweet, ripe peaches, tartness of green apples and a touch of oak tannin. ABV: 6.9%
Washington Gold Cider
- Northwest Raspberry: Juicy, tart and sweet with raspberry juice from Lynden, WA…authentic raspberry goodness! ABV: 5.5%
- Apple Pie: Made with hand-picked apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. The perfect combination! ABV: 5.5%
Wenatchee Valley Brewing Co.
- Trout Stout: Our stout is brewed in the Irish style with five different grains. The dark roasted malts add flavors of coffee and dark chocolate. Don’t let the color fool you, this beer is big on malty flavor. There’s nothing fishy about this stout! ABV: 6%
- Poe Ridge IPA: The next best thing to being there. Poe Ridge IPA is an abundantly hopped, West Coast style IPA. Light malt sweetness, combined with fresh notes of citrus, pine, and spice make this an easy drinking IPA. ABV: 6.7%
- Stumpblower IPA: Full of bright and bountiful hop flavor. Grapefruit, papaya and strawberry aroma are here in full strength with a bracingly bitter finish. But don’t let the flavors fool you, this beer packs a punch. ABV: 8%
- Buzz on Blackberry Wheat Ale: Imagine an American wheat and then layer it with blackberry, lemon and floral qualities on top of it. This variation is fruity without being to sweet. ABV: 4.5%