Full time office position.
Peterson’s Waterfront Resort
Title: FRONT OFFICE ASSOCIATE
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for the front desk duties in addition to carrying out general administrative tasks. Presents a friendly and professional atmosphere for all visitors to Peterson’s Waterfront Resort.
Essential Job Functions
1. Greets all visitors to the resort.
2. Answers and directs phone calls.
3. Conduct check-in and check-out of all guests.
4. Controls advanced booking and reservations.
5. Maintains phone logs, emergency procedures manual, rental logs, and other documentation specified by management.
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
7. General typing and filing.
8. Compute bills, collect payments and makes change for guest.
9. Records guest comments and complaints, referring customers to management as necessary.
10. Maintains cleanliness of front desk and main entrance.
11. Monitors office supplies.
12. Must be willing to cross train in other departments.
13. Promote and maintain positive customer relations by providing first class customer service to all owners/guests.
14. Prepare nightly audit, close transactions and set the till for the next day’s business.
15. Keep track of room availability. Schedule (reserve) and confirm all reservations.
16. Verify RCI deposit information and confirm.
17. Prepare and send all owner mailings.
18. Perform daily opening and closing procedures.
19. Prepare and maintain printed information to be given to guests at check-in.
20. Answer inquiries pertaining to Peterson’s services, local shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
21. Convey accurate information to housekeeping, maintenance, safety services and other departments.
22. Open, process and post mail daily.
1. Is knowledgeable of and complies with resort policies/procedures.
2. Is knowledgeable of emergency systems and appropriate responses.
3. Is knowledgeable of information contained in the Emergency Procedures Manual.
4. Has current CPR certification.
1. Answers the phone and directs calls in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Have a cheerful attitude and professional demeanor at all times.
3. Ability to handle tough and challenging situations while calm.
4. Listening: actively listens, demonstrates interest and understand subtext.
5. Speaking: ability to present verbal information clearly, articulately, and in a way that engages the recipient
6. Business writing: ability to compose written information in a clear, well-structured and grammatically correct manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to successfully multi-task.
2. Maintains resort standard related to dress code.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Acts at all times with honesty and integrity.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to deal with difficult situations and use reason when dealing with emotional situations.
7. Knowledge of collecting payments, making change, counting money in cash register.
8. Ability to operate basic office equipment (multi-line telephone, calculator, personal computer, fax machine, photocopier, radio and cash register).
9. Ability to work as part of a team.
10. Ability to interact in a considerate and polite manner with owners/guests and co-workers.
11. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
12. Ability to perform basic math skills.
13. Ability to use standardized computer software.
Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Basic secretarial and receptionist skills.
3. Knowledge of basic computer applications.
4. Current CPR certification.
The employee is regularly required to talk and hear; stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
(% of work time)
(Production Schedules) 0-24% 25-49% 50-74% 75-100%
Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer. X
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, residents. X
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to reach above his/her head and perform repetitive movements on feet over long distances. X
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend to the floor. X
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to transfer up to 50 pounds X
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must have finger dexterity to open containers. X
Front Desk Associate Position:
• Work Schedule –
PEAK SEASON: (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day weekend) Must be available for all shifts. No vacation will be taken during this time.
OFF SEASON: Days worked may be adjusted based on scheduling needs.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position and as a result other duties may be assigned. Overtime hours may be required.
Phone: (509) 682-4002